WHAT IS THE DITALS?
The DITALS Certification is a cultural title awarded by the “Università per Stranieri di Siena” that assesses the theoretical and practical qualifications in the field of Teaching Italian to Foreigners. Its legal validity, in Italy and abroad, depends on the laws of the single states and institutions. In many cases it is already considered a valid title for the allocation of a score in the recruitment of teachers or for the allocation of credits within an educational curriculum of language teaching methodology.
1/DITALS PREPARATION: DITALS BASE (B2 level)
The DITALS BASE Certification is a cultural title awarded by the “Università per Stranieri di Siena” that assesses the initial competence in the field of Teaching Italian to Foreigners.<br> It is particularly addressed to future teachers of Italian as a foreign language whose mother tongue is not Italian.
Plus one of the following:
* The internship can be completed online at the University for Foreigners of Siena (API – Preparatory Activities for teaching).
2/ DITALS PREPARATION: DITALS LEVEL I CERTIFICATION (C1 level)
The DITALS Level I Certification certifies a core competence in the field of language teaching methodology and a specific expertise targeted at a particular learner profile: children, adolescents, adults and the elderly, immigrants , university students, learners of Italian origin, learners whose mother tongue is homogeneous, tourism operators, catholic religious and USA students (University Study Abroad programmes).
Plus one of the following options: declaration concerning teaching experience:
For further information: www.alcebologna.it/ditals/
DITALS BASE Course fact file:
DITALS I Course fact file:
ALCE BOLOGNA is an authorized preparation center for DITALS (Certificate in Teaching Italianto Foreigners) of the Università per Stranieri di Siena.
• Basic teaching skills
• Theories, teaching approaches and methods
• The Common European Framework of reference for languages
• Protagonists and content in the teaching / learning process
• Operating models
• Testing and evaluation
• Use of technologies
• Parameters for the analysis of teaching materials
• Parameters for the analysis of a text for teaching purposes
• Objectives and teaching techniques
• Practise exercises based on previous exams sessions
*It is possible to combine DITALS courses with different types of internships done directly here at ALCE, depending on previous experience and individual needs:
• Ditals 1 / Ditals Base + 16 hours internship
• Ditals 1 / Ditals Base + 20 hours internship
• Ditals 1 / Ditals Base + 30 hours internship
• Ditals 1 / Ditals Base + 60 hours internship
** It is possible to add General Italian or exam preparation courses before, during or after the DITALS Base course.