We established in 1999, with the simple goal of providing student with a comprehensive educational and cultural experience, within a friendly and encouraging environment. We opened the door to our first foreign student in October 2000 so we have more 15th year of operations.
Since then, we welcome students from all over the world each year. Our wide range of Italian courses (general language, preparation for Exams, business and professional) is designed to meet their every need.
Our teaching is sophisticated and uses multimedia technology, but one thing has and never will change and that is our insistence on the same high standards and the same warm welcome we gave when we started.
We work constantly to guarantee this and to maintain the quality on which our reputation is founded.
By studying Italian in Italy you will learn the language far more effectively and quickly than you could at home. You will also have the chance to experience Italian lifestyle, make new friends from around the world, and develop your understanding of our increasingly inter-cultural world.
ALCE brings all of these experiences together in educational programmes that are proven, effective and stimulating.
We are, and will always be, a traditional institution where you will be treated as an individual, not as a number, and where teachers and staff respect your commitment to your education and take pride in your achievements.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bologna!
1. A great city and a wonderful location (authentically Italian and away from mass tourism)
2. Very easy to reach (International airport, low cost connections, main railway junction in Italy), close to the main cities of Art (Florence, Venice, Milan, Verona, Ravenna, Ferrara, etc).
3. A medium-sized family run school fully accredited, opened all year-round located in the city centre.
4. An official recognized CILS, CELI, AIL, CERT.IT examination centre (4 main public Italian language certifications), and DITAL teacher training preparation.
5. Good opportunities to meet Italian people in a relaxed and friendly learning atmosphere. Great balanced nationality mix.
6. Small classes (average 3/5, maximum 8 student) and individual attention. Integrated social programme and cultural activities accompanied by teachers.
7. Open door policy to address any student problem or question.
8. An academic system structured to ensure all weak points are identified and dealt with effectively.
9. Intensive courses, fortnightly full student assessments and additional self-study.
10. with state-of-the-art facilities with a wide selection of resources including up-to-date books, CD's and multimedia materials.